Students at the University of Sandwick City founded the club on 31st of May 1902 as a way to relax after studying, and entered the Alba Shield every year from it’s inception in 1907. They found little success in the tournament, bowing out of the competition in the First Round in the first three years, including a humiliating loss to Albaland Hearts who played at the same ballpark in 1909.
When Tadd Steward announced his intention on creating a round robin competition to begin play in the 1910 baseball season, the club members approached the university they studied at and asked for funding. The University of Sandwick City initially rejected the offer, until they were persuaded to assist the ailing club at the request of Tadd Steward who believed the clubs location and name would help to grow the sport of baseball in Albaland.
By 1924, any affiliation with the university was ended and the team became a stand alone club, yet most Albans consider the team the “unofficial” university team, with media affectionately dubbing the team The Students.
The club plays out of Dragon’s Eye Stadium, a large multi-purpose field that is also used for Rugby Union matches during the summer months of November to March. Located near a criss-cross section of roads known as The Dragon’s Eye, the stadium has an extremely large outfield from centre to the right foul pole reducing home runs from lefty pull hitters. The rate of dingers is reduced even more with a 25-foot high wall from left-centre to centre field due to the proximity of a paper mill that has since been demolished and replaced with apartments that get near uninterrupted views of the field.
The clubs official colors are dark blue and peach.