Eintracht Ruysch Baseballverein, normally known as Eintracht Ruysch, or just Ruysch, are a professional baseball club located in the Ruysch, Tonne Boden, Günsovölk. They joined the Günsovölk Baseball-Bund when the Zilverland und Tonne Boden Wettkampf (ZTBW) agreed to be subsumed into the association at the end of the 1914 baseball season, becoming one of three clubs from Duyfken Island to join the expanded Baseball Meisterschaft the following year.
The club was formed as Zentrale Sportgemeinschaft Ruysch, normally known as ZSG Ruysch, in 1899, entering the ZTBW in 1902, where they finished 9th out of 10 clubs competing that year.
In the following years, ZSG Ruysch experienced varying degrees of success. The club achieved its highest league placement in 1903, securing fifth position. However, their performance declined in subsequent seasons, with finishes of sixth, eighth, ninth, and eleventh in consecutive years.
Financial difficulties led to a merger between ZSG Ruysch and Woldendorp BV, a cross-town rival club, just before the start of the 1908 season. The merged club was renamed ZSG Woldendorp-Ruysch and finished 9th out of twelve teams. At the end of the season, the club rebranded once again, adopting the name Eintracht Ruysch.
Under the new name, Eintracht Ruysch experienced a resurgence in performance. The club steadily climbed the ranks, achieving 7th, 4th, and third positions from 1909 to 1911, respectively. In 1912, Eintracht Ruysch claimed their first major silverware by winning the Zilverland und Tonne Boden Wettkampf title.
The team’s strong performances continued, with consecutive runners-up finishes in 1913 and 1914. As a result, Eintracht Ruysch received an invitation to join the expanded Baseball Meisterchaft from the 1915 season onward. They became one of the first teams from Duyfken Island to participate in the prestigious Günsovölk Baseball-Bund, joining Ahnüü 96 and LR Benëe.
Eintracht Ruysch plays it’s home games out of Ruysch Feld, a ballpark situated in the heart of the city that slightly favor’s pitchers due to its large outfield and 11-foot high walls. One notable feature of Ruysch Feld is the configuration of the left field. To accommodate a nearby road, the left field is slightly shortened compared to other areas of the outfield, providing a minor advantage to right-handed hitters. As was common throughout the Southern Union at the time, the road was eventually built over by a grandstand, and by 1983 the road was removed altogether during renovations.
Eintracht Ruysch is affectionately known as “Die Tulpen” (The Tulips), which originates from the club’s geographical proximity to a vibrant field of tulips, that was planted in the vicinity before the foundation of the club. The association with tulips has become a beloved symbol of identity for both the team and Ruysch locals.
The club colors are red and white.